Monday, September 13, 2010

Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble

I think everyone needs a little sweet in their life. Obviously we never want to overindulge ourselves but I find if I never allow myself a little treat every now and then I am more likely to overdue it when I do eat sweets.  So I decided to cook up one of my husband's favorite desserts for our special treat, Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble.  Not only does it taste amazing, it such a very easy dessert to make. And if you have never tried Rhubarb I want to encourage you to be adventurous and try something new.



Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
16 oz (2 cups) Frozen Strawberries
16 oz (2 cups) Frozen Rhubarb
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 nutmeg
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp lemon orange juice

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup softened butter



Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Fill a baking dish about an inch high with the frozen fruit, defrost and leave the liquid in there.  Once the fruit has defrosted add sugar, spices, flour and orange juice.







In a separate bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of rolled oats with 1 cup of softened butter.  Mix with a fork until crumbly.







Then take the topping and crumble it over the fruit filling. 









Put crumble in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, or until crisp and brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment