Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kraft Mac and Cheese was your past, this is your future

Forget that little blue box, this is where it is at.  I will confess I was a child of the blue box, I loved Kraft Mac and Cheese.  Even as an adult my love for mac and cheese continued but these days I look for a much more refined taste in this little delicious side dish.  I have tried a lot of different homemade variations of it but I just couldn't find the perfect one.  After some experimenting I think I have come up with my favorite version yet.  The creaminess of this cheese dish is sure to please not only adults but kids too.  And don't forget to throw in some variety every once in a while, maybe add some meat or spice it up like I did the other day and throw in some hot, sauteed chili peppers.





Mac and Cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 c. non-fat milk
1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 c. mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. provolone cheese
1 c. broth
 

Slowly melt cream cheese and milk together over low heat making sure to stir regularly so as not to burn the cheese.




Add other cheeses and allow to melt into a thick sauce.  




Slowly add broth to the cheese sauce and stir until smooth.  






Add pasta and serve.  For this dish I choose to saute two jalapenos and mix in with the mac and cheese and served with Salsa Chicken in a Mexican Rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment