Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mexican Spice Rub

With less then two weeks till I move away from Texas my mind has been drawn more and more to the flavors that I will miss living in the UK.  While the UK has a wide range of food that I will be enjoying it lacks the Mexican influence that I have grown fond of.  So I have worked hard at teaching myself some easy things that I can do at home to get that taste that my husband and I love so much.

This is a recipe that I use to spice up my a lot of my Mexican chicken dishes, it is easy and uses ingredients that many will already have on hand.  I have also used it when cooking up ground beef for tacos.  It is always important to have several foundation spice recipes when you are learning to create dishes on your own, once you have the basics down you can throw in any ingredients and create a new masterpiece of your own.



Mexican Spice Rub
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper





Just mix all of your spices together and season your meat as you like.








Salsa Chicken in a Mexican Rub
4 Chicken Breasts
1 cup of salsa
*Mexican Rub




Rub your spice mix over both sides of your chicken breasts and then sear in a frying pan with a fitted lid. 



Pour your salsa over the chicken and cover allowing to cook on medium heat until chicken is no longer pink, about 10-15 minutes.  






Take the lid off during the last 5 minutes of cooking time to help cook away some of the water.  

Serving size 4, serve chicken with your favorite side dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment