Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cookies-Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies


During the year I try really hard to stay away from baking a lot of cookies because lets face it I have no self-control when it comes to cookies. But Christmas is the one time of year that I let myself go a little crazy. I have been known to cook 10-12 different kinds of cookies during one Christmas season. I don’t think I could honestly say that I have one favorite but I do have a few that I can't go through Christmas without having and one of those are Jam Thumbprint cookies. I find them so irresistible that I have to make sure to bake a large batch; otherwise I end up eating them all before anyone else has a chance to sample them.

What is one of your must have cookies during the holiday season?



Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
113g (1/2 c) butter, softened
55g (1/4 c) soft brown sugar, packed
1 egg yoke
1/2 tsp vanilla
128g (1 c) flour
1/4 tsp salt
egg white
chopped pecans (or any nut)
Jam (any flavor)





Mix together butter, sugar, egg yoke and vanilla.







Slowly mix in flour and salt.






Put nuts into a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush the nuts into small pieces.





Roll into 1-inch balls, batch will make about 1 dozen cookies. Dip into slightly beaten egg white and then roll in finely chopped nuts.






Bake for 5 minutes in an oven at 190C. (375F) 





Press thumb gently on top of each cookie and scoop a small amount of jam in the middle.







Return to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment